• Please note that you cannot register on our forum using any Microsoft-owned email address (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, etc) as they don't like us very much and bounce mails straight back to us.

Teamspeak volume attenuation.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Salahn

Sheogorath's Lackey
Best answers
So a lot of people say they turn game volume right down while on Teamspeak so they can hear others talking :-t

Well I'm hear (get the pun huh?) to tell you that you're doing it wrong !!!111

Once upon a time Teamspeak had built in volume attenuation, but the devs were lazy and didn't want to update it anymore, leaving users to turn game volume down so low they cant hear whats going on, so a very nice man came along and re-wrote it as a plugin, so all please take a moment to thank Broesel.

Volume attenuation turns the games volume down whenever you or another person is speaking, letting you hear clearly both voice chat and game sounds. b-)

It is dead simple to install, even someone who mains on Aldmeri Dominion could do it (with a bit of help, so this post is for you AD players ;p)

1: Start up Teamspeak.

2: Go to the top menu, select "Tools", then at the bottom of the popup menu select "Options".

TS_1.jpg

3: With the options window open, look on the left hand menu for "Addons"

4: On the Addons page, select "Browse online" at the top, and enter - "Volume control" with out the " " into the search field and press ENTER (AD players ask me in game and I will explain where the ENTER key is ;p )

TS_2.jpg

5: Scroll down the results to find - Volume Control by Broesel, select this and choose to install.

TS_3.jpg

6: once installed, go back to the Addons tab of options, select Plugins from the top, and look for your new plugin from the list.

TS_4.jpg

7: make sure Volume control is enabled.

8: Recommended but not essential, open the settings for the plugin, and turn up "suppressed volume level". This is the volume level of the game when someone is speaking, the default value I personally find too low so I set it to about 5 notches up.

TS_5.jpg

So that's it, nice and easy even a High Elf could do it O:happy:

Last edited:

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Magic glue applied to this excellent guide. Bonus points for dissing High Elves. :happy:

General
Help Users
Notice: The status channel is only for admin notices, notifications from various forum features, etc. Please post in another channel.
  • essi2 essi2
    Healthcare worker in training.. don't get sick or old in Norway.. you are warned
  • Rootimus Rootimus
    Nerf summer, buff winter
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    lol
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Off-world Trading Company is free on Epic games
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Goat of Duty - free on Steam until the end of the month
    Rootimus @ Rootimus: Goat of Duty - free on Steam until the end of the month
    Top Bottom