• Please note that you cannot register on our forum using any Microsoft-owned email address (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, etc) as they don't like us very much and bounce mails straight back to us.

Stellaris Mega Thread

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:1)

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Best answers
Not sure there is much point making this now, since we're moving house soon.

Trailer for the new DLC and the "2.0"(1.10) patch.

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Best answers
For the current version, probably the second softest after CK2.

The AI has gotten very good at optimizing its economy, but aslong as you try to keep a maxed fleet and remember that you can overbuild to match enemy fleet power.
You should be fine.

For 1.10 aka Cherryh aka 2.0, no idea. Probably similar, but it is a complete redesign of several systems.

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
I was gifted a copy of the starter pack yesterday. So far, so good, but I need to figure out priorities with all the various ~things~ that can be harvested and I assume (like Civ) there's a particular order you're supposed to research things in.

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Best answers
Research is weighted, so there is no set research path. But ofc some research is more useful early on than others, and some research lead to unlocking the potential for more powerful research, f.ex. you need the next tier of power before you get the utility tech and weapon tech that corresponds to that tier.

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Essi, can you recommend any Stellaris sites that give good advice to newbies? I've been looking through a bunch but they don't really tell you anything useful.

Thinking I didn't build enough science ships at the start of the first game (ended up abandoning it). I'm also not really clear on victory conditions other than score.

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Best answers
Victory Conditions are irrelevant, you are highly unlikely to reach them.

They are mostly there to appease people who have a psychological need for a enforced end goal in order to play.

My best advice for noob tips is watching Quill18's videos, outside the forums I know of no Stellaris webpages.

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Thanks, I'll check the tubeyou thing for those vids.

General
Help Users
Notice: The status channel is only for admin notices, notifications from various forum features, etc. Please post in another channel.
  • essi2 essi2
    Healthcare worker in training.. don't get sick or old in Norway.. you are warned
  • Rootimus Rootimus
    Nerf summer, buff winter
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    "Note this section still appears in the UI for the time being, but does not actually function. " lol, so ZOS
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Oh, Essi, you expect them to be efficient? Tsk, tsk!
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    First-world problems: my internet connection is impersonating a yo-yo today. Thank Sheo for offline games.
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    The Outer Worlds is available on Xbox Game Pass for PC, you know.. incase you rather give your money to MS instead of Epic
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Bit the bullet and splurged on Ark Survival. Might rent a server depending on how things go.
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Company of Heroes 2 is free on Steam, but only for the next few hours.
    Rootimus @ Rootimus: Company of Heroes 2 is free on Steam, but only for the next few hours.
    Top Bottom