• Please note that you cannot register on our forum using any Microsoft-owned email address (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, etc) as they don't like us very much and bounce mails straight back to us.

Shopping for new components

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
As you all know, there is something wrong with my pc. Can't game!!!! aaarrgggg :stomp::stomp::stomp::stomp:
Good thing about it, I have time for other stuff! Weeeeee \:smile:/\:smile:/\:smile:/\:smile:/

Anyway, am looking for new components.
Equinox advised me to go for Gigabyte main board so am looking into that.
I don't want to replace everything, just as little as possible since well.. those things cost you know.. money.
So I want to keep my current vid card (hopefully that one is not broken....) keep my current memory DDR3

What do you guys think of this.
http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/385480/gigabyte-ga-z97x-gaming-3/specificaties/

and

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/394886/intel-core-i5-4690k-boxed.html

I would come on a total of 358,80 euro = about 400 USD

The mainboard can also handle I7 so I could allways upgrade to that in the future. From what I have been reading the current I7's have lots of heating issue's? So I would need to get a different cooler on it as well..

Anyway, any advise/thoughts is much appreciated :happy:

KenCleanAirSystem

Sheogorath's Lackey
Best answers
My current PC is an i7 4790k, while my wife's is a i5 4690k. There is not much difference in gaming performance that I have noticed. Both PC's have MSI motherboards and I have been quite happy with them. That said any good brand name Z97 motherboard should fit the bill.

Good luck, hope you are back in the game soon!

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Ok parts are ordered, they should be here tomorrow but you never know. I sticked to the parts I posted before and with a better cpu cooler. Hopefully this will last for a couple ofyears again.

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Booo, looks like my cpu won't arrive today. Still have not received a shipping email about it even thou they advertise with shipping the same/next day... Main board should thou, guess that something..

Edit: lol just as I post this I get a email with excuse for their late response etc etc. Anyway, they should ship it today, will get a confirmation for it still but if all goes well tomorrow I also will have my new cpu!
Yeah:happy: If all goes well with installing and such hopefully will be back in game tomorrow evening or Sunday at least.

Edit: And yes I am bored! lol

Last edited:

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
hehe I am sure we will be able to hook up soon to punch some faces! :happy: Will be fun!

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Update... not going to be able to play this weekend. Everything is in shipping status but some parts will not arrive till monday:sad:
I really wanted to be part for the pvp weekend but sadly not going to happen. I might hang out on TS for it and hear you guys scream :wink:

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Sorry to hear that. I guess we'll just have to do more PvP when you're back. :happy:

General
Help Users
Notice: The status channel is only for admin notices, notifications from various forum features, etc. Please post in another channel.
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    lol
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Off-world Trading Company is free on Epic games
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Goat of Duty - free on Steam until the end of the month
    Rootimus @ Rootimus: Goat of Duty - free on Steam until the end of the month
    Top Bottom