• Please note that you cannot register on our forum using any Microsoft-owned email address (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, etc) as they don't like us very much and bounce mails straight back to us.

Perhaps a stupid question

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
but I have a original windows 7 disk with legal key and all. I upgraded to windows 10 like so many other did.
I can reinstall my hard drive because it is there already, but how do I get windows 10 on a new hard drive if I choose to do so? Do I need to create a boot cd or do I use windows 7 first and then upgrade it again?
I am talking about a complete new hard drive that is empty, new main board everything.

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
The windows CD should be bootable. I'd install from that and then do the win 10 upgrade.

Alternatively, you can download all the win 10 install files direct from Microsoft's website and make your own bootable disc / thumbdrive. As your windows 7 disc is legit, the 10 installer will accept the serial number. It's probably 20 minutes quicker to do it this way, but YMMV.

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
The windows CD should be bootable. I'd install from that and then do the win 10 upgrade.
Cool, might try that if I do decide on a new harddrive. Thanks :happy:

General
Help Users
Notice: The status channel is only for admin notices, notifications from various forum features, etc. Please post in another channel.
  • essi2 essi2
    Healthcare worker in training.. don't get sick or old in Norway.. you are warned
  • Rootimus Rootimus
    Nerf summer, buff winter
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    lol
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Off-world Trading Company is free on Epic games
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Goat of Duty - free on Steam until the end of the month
    Rootimus @ Rootimus: Goat of Duty - free on Steam until the end of the month
    Top Bottom