• Please note that you cannot register on our forum using any Microsoft-owned email address (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, etc) as they don't like us very much and bounce mails straight back to us.

How To Optimize Windows 10 For Gaming

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Found a youtube video. No idea if this is good or not so try it at your own risk :wink:

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
I am going to try everything cept for the Ccleaner and Razer cortex. Gonna see if this works or not.

Green Talon

Prince of Madness
ESO Officer
Best answers
Razer Cortex is kind of okay for people who are not very tech savvy, we can most of the things we need simply through task manger, de-fragment and other maintenance tasks are done by the OS in non active hours, plus having an m.2 x4 PCIe NVMe SSD does help a lot in performance. Even if you m.2 is small and can only take the OS, there will be a huge gain in performance.

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
I don't have one of those fancy SSD or m.2 sadly. Its stil on my wish list however.

Green Talon

Prince of Madness
ESO Officer
Best answers
As far as I remember m.2 NVMe was supported from intel gen 7 chipsets onwards, the first time I experienced m.2 SSD was on my laptop that I play ESO on.

I have used sata SSDs on RAID before, but even a single m.2 x4 PCIe outperform sata SSDs in RAID. Well worth the money and comes strongly recommended.

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Best answers
CCleaner is a must for keeping your PC clean of useless garbage data, it will delete more then you want it to though unless you customize what it deletes.

It will also ('safely') clean your registry and also allow you to more easily manage what apps start with windows.

Most of these hints seem harmless, but also not very useful. Razer Cortex is fine, but won't help much.

6 -Visual Effects might help a bit, but can also create some strange graphical anomalies.

General
Help Users
Notice: The status channel is only for admin notices, notifications from various forum features, etc. Please post in another channel.
  • essi2 essi2
    Healthcare worker in training.. don't get sick or old in Norway.. you are warned
  • Rootimus Rootimus
    Nerf summer, buff winter
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    lol
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Off-world Trading Company is free on Epic games
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Goat of Duty - free on Steam until the end of the month
    Rootimus @ Rootimus: Goat of Duty - free on Steam until the end of the month
    Top Bottom