Gear Discussion

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Yes, the Craglorn sets are not named what they are named... because Zeni reasons.

f.ex. Viscous Ophidian is actually named Vicious Serpent and Resilient Yokuda is actually named Defending Warrior.

Leufeia

Sheogorath's Lackey
Here is my thought of main tank gear :happy:

Main Tank (Frost staff + 1h and shield)

5 pieces Ebon Armory
5 pieces Lunar Bastion (1 piece weapon or shield)
2 pieces Lord Warden (monster set)

or if you like more health

5 pieces Ebon Armory
5 pieces Warrior-Poet (1 piece weapon or shield) or Plague Doctor
2 piece monster set of your choice

Monster set tank can use (depending what you need);
Mighty Chudan
Pirate Skeleton
Scourge Harvester
Lord Warden

Many tank builds use Roar of Alkosh but I think it is more useful on off-tank, not the main tank.

Green Talon

Prince of Madness
ESO Officer
Stamina Nightblade: I can run this guy in several configurations (using sets below) depending on group composition (I am playing a lot less with my Stamblade as he is squishy as hell in my hands). I would only bring this guy if there are higher number of stamina players, so that I can buff the group.

With Group Utility
5p Night Mother's Gaze + 5p Sunderflame + 2p Spawn of Mephala / Kra'gh / Kena / Sellistrix / Velidreth (overall group buff to get to penetration cap if required)
5p Sunderflame + 5p Morag Tong + same (when we have more than one stamina DK in the group)

Self Utility
Vicious Ophidian + Two Fanged Snake + same (when there are only a max of two stam players)
Hunding's Rage + Vicious Ophidian + same (If I am the only stamina player)

Magicka Nightblade: This guy is quite decent in both DPS and surviving, so I have been using him more, I have quite a few sets that I still have to theorycraft and test builds with, so currently I am using only two setups that are both selfish builds.

Default vet content setup
5p Law of Julianos + 4p Infallible Aether + 2p Grothdarr / Ilambris / Kena

Reserve Setup
5p Innate Axiom + 5p War Maiden + 1p Kena (I use this setup in tough places or while learning new mechanics that I am uncomfortable with)

All other builds I have are better suited for solo or PUGs or overland content.

Last edited:

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
If healers are running combat prayer then they're giving minor slayer (8% damage), making the second Slimecraw piece redundant. The one-piece bonus (833 weapon and spell crit damage) is obviously still useful.

Green Talon

Prince of Madness
ESO Officer
If healers are running combat prayer then they're giving minor slayer (8% damage), making the second Slimecraw piece redundant. The one-piece bonus (833 weapon and spell crit damage) is obviously still useful.
Do you mean Minor Beserk? On Magblades it's even more useless due to a class skill that gives Minor Beserk at the press of a button, along with a magical bow.

I love Spawn of Mephala for the proc on heavy attacks, it lets me know if it's a fully charged heavy or not along with lots of damage on tank and spank bosses, great synergy between Spawn of Mephala and Sunderflame.

SisU

Sheogorath's Lackey
Stamblade
Superstar180130.PNG
Can also run NMG. Working on getting sunder, War machine, Alkosh.

General
Help Users
Notice: The status channel is only for admin notices, notifications from various forum features, etc. Please post in another channel.
  • essi2 essi2
    Healthcare worker in training.. don't get sick or old in Norway.. you are warned
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Did I miss a memo, or something?
  • Kraynic @ Kraynic:
    The algorithms know better than to pay attention to your silly quotation marks. :devil:
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    LOL, foiled again!
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    If you apply a three-colour dye stamp, can you subsequently change just one of the colours (assuming you have ESO+)?
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    Surviving Mars is on sale until May 20th
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    On steam?
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is free to play on steam this weekend.
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    Steam yes. Haven't checked GoG and Plaza
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Oooh, just found it on steam and it's also free to play for the next 2 days. Absolutely, positively, definitely going to try and find the time to give it a try. :p
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    Time to Necro up!
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Download faster, little downloading thingy!
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    +1
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    If that link does what it says on the tin, all I can say is: Praise Sheogorath!
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Talking of addons, I had all my libraries in a seperate section at the bottom of the addon screen, but now they're back to being mixed in with the addons. Anyone know how I broke this?
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Dang, almost 2 hours to patch. Was the last big expansion this bad?
  • Xrixi @ Xrixi:
    was rather fast for me. 10 min tops
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Obviously the Dutch traded their weed-loaded brownies for faster download speeds. :p
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    @Rootimus That happens when the addon sorting addon is out of date and Allow Outdated is off
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    Something is not right, loads of the new libs register as addons in the Addon selector addon
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Yup :sad:
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    I blame Gnatz.
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    It is possible the Author of the Addon Selector needs to manually add the libs to a list of what addons the addon defines as libs
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    That sounds reasonable.
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    "Hey all, we can confirm there is a combination of DLC ownership and ESO+ that is causing some of you to not receive surveys. We're working on getting this fixed as quickly as we can. Thank you for all the information! "
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    No surveys? Finally a useful bug!
    Rootimus @ Rootimus: No surveys? Finally a useful bug!
    Top Bottom