Fallout 4

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Hey guys how you doing all?
I have been playing Fallout 4 a lot lately and am fully into settlement building mode. I found a great awesome mod for it. It is pretty big and they did a marvelous job. And they keep on bringing expansions for it as well. Yes, expansions for mods! :happy:

Anyway thought I would share it if you are into Fallout 4 and mods go check it out.
https://simsettlements.com/web/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

What I also love is that you don't need Nexus to be able to use this mod, you can simply download and istall it through the main mod menu of Fallout 4 itself.

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
There are some very talented game modders out there, that's for sure! Does settlement mode require playing the rest of the game for anything?

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Not if you use the cheatmod. I mean you have to do the intro obviously and get started. Also to get access to more settlements you need to clear them or help them first. But after that you can ignore pretty much everything else if you load up with crafting mats with the cheatmod.
If you want to let the mod do the work for you from scratch you need a leader. To get those you need to open them up as well.

I have 3 settlements running with each a leader so the only thing you need to provide are the building mats and the caps that you can get from the cheatmod.
Other settlements I build myself so I don't have to open up the followers (you can assign them as leaders)
And even though you can ignore pretty much a lott of the game itself this way, you still need to play a bit. It is not sim city itself afterall but fallout :happy:

Green Talon

Prince of Madness
ESO Officer
Best answers
Fallout 4 has a very good building mode, had a lot of fun with it, and yes the modding community at Nexus is the most creative I have seen till date. I was always happy to drop donations for their hard work.

A shame that this art form has been monetized by corporations (Creation Club I am looking at you) that are taking over the world bit by bit.

@Rootimus you know the ~ tgm option, build to your heart's content. Its been a while since I played it, but I remember tinkering with basic programming using a terminal or items, don't really remember what it was, but I was able to have the out of one machine acting as an input to the other and other crazy stuff.

Hope you have fun.

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Best answers
So... we're all getting together to nuke Xrixi's settlement when FO76 is released right?

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
A shame that this art form has been monetized by corporations (Creation Club I am looking at you) that are taking over the world bit by bit.
Yeah I know. What is that about anyway. I mean they are mods made by fans but you have to pay for them? Do the creatures make a bit of money this way and get a 5% cut of all their hard work?

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Best answers
Normal split is 80/20, 20 going to the creator. No idea what Zenimax's policy is, but probably worst.

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
hehe yeah you see, I think it should be like 20/80 where 80 goes to the person who actualy put in the hours and 20 for the company who just hosts it. But hey thats me...

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Is that the only place to get mods for the game, or can you host them anywhere?

Green Talon

Prince of Madness
ESO Officer
Best answers
Mods are still available on Nexus and as long as the creation kit is open the modders will continue to create art. Can't say how lang before they roll out an update that closes those modders out.

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Best answers
TES and FO would both be dead series on PC w/o mods.

FO76 won't have mods because it is Always-Online, it could conceivably have Creation Club cosmetics(Premium) and MMO style addons.

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
You don't need creatin kit to run mods nor do you need Nexus. In the main menu of the game itself there is a mod option. People can upload their mods and players like me can grab it from that menu. Nice, easy simple and no extra third party software needed to run it.
Only downside is not all mods are there since lots of people stick to Nexus only. But the mod I posted at start is included in the way I play it. It still has a good bunch of mods however.
Creation kit gives away free stuff as well. Every week there is something for free that I grab.

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Best answers
I never use BethesdaNet or the Creation Club for mods, Bethesda have proven beyond any doubt that they have zero idea how to do load ordering properly.

Official content and BethNet downloads are just as likely to cause crashes as mods from any other source.
Rather use Nexus and LOOT, that way I atleast have some control over the loadorder :p

General
Help Users
Notice: The status channel is only for admin notices, notifications from various forum features, etc. Please post in another channel.
  • essi2 essi2
    Healthcare worker in training.. don't get sick or old in Norway.. you are warned
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    Don't get me started on printers...
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Damn thing can't even connect to a hidden network SSID despite the whitelisted MAC for the printer having a reserved IP address. The stupid, it burns!
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    Got dc'ed because if inactivity
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Discord is evil
  • Xrixi @ Xrixi:
    Essi, you have a 20 min windows.. or should have... to get back in without the waiting queueue
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    I predict that, shockingly, that 20 minute thing doesn't work. :p
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    Doesn't apply when you get DC'ed from inactivity.
  • Xrixi @ Xrixi:
    tsk tsk, train your pet hamster better:wink:
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    lol
  • essi2 @ essi2:
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Hamsters? Gerbils FTW!
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    ^Alcast Necro video
  • Xrixi @ Xrixi:
    Yeah found some other video's as well. Looks like a very cool class to play
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how many nerfbats will ZOS hit it with in the first patch after Elsweyr is released? :p
  • Xrixi @ Xrixi:
    well... yes... still looks like a cool class to play :wink:
  • Xrixi @ Xrixi:
    And who cares? I don't I just go casual mode
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    People are still claiming the Warden is useless, people just don't know how to play non-meta
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    The Necro will get nerfed, but that's mostly down to ZOS being unable to balance anything
  • Kraynic @ Kraynic:
    I have never played an mmo that could add a class that wasn't either useless or stupidly OP at its release. The Necromancer will be just another in a long line in that tradition.
    +1
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Assassin's Creed: Unity is free until 25th April.
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    There is a Crown sale on all platforms atm
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Dang, reported a bug with Civ 6 Wednesday on a fan site, got a reply from one of the top devs today to say it'd been squashed. Why can't ZOS be like that?
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    If you've got an AD character that needs Cyrodiil skyshards, we currently own all but two keeps in the Sheogorath campaign.
    Rootimus @ Rootimus: If you've got an AD character that needs Cyrodiil skyshards, we currently own all but two keeps...
    Top Bottom