Fallout 4

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Hey guys how you doing all?
I have been playing Fallout 4 a lot lately and am fully into settlement building mode. I found a great awesome mod for it. It is pretty big and they did a marvelous job. And they keep on bringing expansions for it as well. Yes, expansions for mods! :happy:

Anyway thought I would share it if you are into Fallout 4 and mods go check it out.
https://simsettlements.com/web/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

What I also love is that you don't need Nexus to be able to use this mod, you can simply download and istall it through the main mod menu of Fallout 4 itself.

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
There are some very talented game modders out there, that's for sure! Does settlement mode require playing the rest of the game for anything?

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Not if you use the cheatmod. I mean you have to do the intro obviously and get started. Also to get access to more settlements you need to clear them or help them first. But after that you can ignore pretty much everything else if you load up with crafting mats with the cheatmod.
If you want to let the mod do the work for you from scratch you need a leader. To get those you need to open them up as well.

I have 3 settlements running with each a leader so the only thing you need to provide are the building mats and the caps that you can get from the cheatmod.
Other settlements I build myself so I don't have to open up the followers (you can assign them as leaders)
And even though you can ignore pretty much a lott of the game itself this way, you still need to play a bit. It is not sim city itself afterall but fallout :happy:

Green Talon

Prince of Madness
ESO Officer
Fallout 4 has a very good building mode, had a lot of fun with it, and yes the modding community at Nexus is the most creative I have seen till date. I was always happy to drop donations for their hard work.

A shame that this art form has been monetized by corporations (Creation Club I am looking at you) that are taking over the world bit by bit.

@Rootimus you know the ~ tgm option, build to your heart's content. Its been a while since I played it, but I remember tinkering with basic programming using a terminal or items, don't really remember what it was, but I was able to have the out of one machine acting as an input to the other and other crazy stuff.

Hope you have fun.

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
A shame that this art form has been monetized by corporations (Creation Club I am looking at you) that are taking over the world bit by bit.
Yeah I know. What is that about anyway. I mean they are mods made by fans but you have to pay for them? Do the creatures make a bit of money this way and get a 5% cut of all their hard work?

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Normal split is 80/20, 20 going to the creator. No idea what Zenimax's policy is, but probably worst.

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
hehe yeah you see, I think it should be like 20/80 where 80 goes to the person who actualy put in the hours and 20 for the company who just hosts it. But hey thats me...

Green Talon

Prince of Madness
ESO Officer
Mods are still available on Nexus and as long as the creation kit is open the modders will continue to create art. Can't say how lang before they roll out an update that closes those modders out.

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
TES and FO would both be dead series on PC w/o mods.

FO76 won't have mods because it is Always-Online, it could conceivably have Creation Club cosmetics(Premium) and MMO style addons.

Xrixi

Administrator
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
You don't need creatin kit to run mods nor do you need Nexus. In the main menu of the game itself there is a mod option. People can upload their mods and players like me can grab it from that menu. Nice, easy simple and no extra third party software needed to run it.
Only downside is not all mods are there since lots of people stick to Nexus only. But the mod I posted at start is included in the way I play it. It still has a good bunch of mods however.
Creation kit gives away free stuff as well. Every week there is something for free that I grab.

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
I never use BethesdaNet or the Creation Club for mods, Bethesda have proven beyond any doubt that they have zero idea how to do load ordering properly.

Official content and BethNet downloads are just as likely to cause crashes as mods from any other source.
Rather use Nexus and LOOT, that way I atleast have some control over the loadorder :p

General
Help Users
Notice: The status channel is only for admin notices, notifications from various forum features, etc. Please post in another channel.
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    Essi, this is the calendar I'm going to get, but I also need to pay for another year's updates from Xenforo. There's one for $5 less, but it's nowhere near as good.
  • essi2 essi2:
    Am I reading this right? It is 40 USD for the addon and then another 50 USD to remove the branding?
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    That's correct, but the branding is just a line in the site footer - I never bother paying for that.
  • essi2 essi2:
    40 USD is still a fair chunk
  • essi2 essi2:
    @Xrixi Do you have Divinity:OS2 yet? :p
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    Yeah, it's a lot of money - that's why I haven't loaded the site up with tons of extra features. Probably a good thing that I've got something restraining me. :p
  • essi2 essi2:
    lol, Group finder broke again, seems they learned nothing last year
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    I'm shocked - shocked, I tell you! - that group finder is broken.
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    Anyone would think there's an upcoming event that relies on it, or something.
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    @Gnatz - TYVM for the donation!
  • Xrixi Xrixi:
    @Essi, no I have not. I am playing part 1 with a friend at the moment. We are going for both lone wolf and on tactical... :happy:
  • essi2 essi2:
    Okay, let me know when you get OS2 :p
  • Xrixi Xrixi:
    why? you wanna play it together?
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    It's a trap!
  • essi2 essi2:
    I don't remember where you mentioned it, but playing OS2 together was your idea xD
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    That was weird - your images went into the moderation queue even though everyone has permissions to upload images without approval.
  • essi2 essi2:
    I'm special!
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    No comment. :smile:
  • Gnatz Gnatz:
    Group finder is fixed, I believe. Got into a random normal as DPS today in about 7 minutes.
  • essi2 essi2:
    Except the part where is still has the 'Someone declined' bug and now also frequently just gives you a 'Unable to queue at this time' error -_-
  • Gnatz Gnatz:
    Didn't run into that yet, thank goodness.
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    I spent 10 mins in a load screen after joining a group and gave up.
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    A wild calendar appears.
  • Rootimus Rootimus:
    Big thanks to @Gnatz and @Krystalanna, whose donations paid for the calendar mod. <3
    Rootimus Rootimus: Big thanks to @Gnatz and @Krystalanna, whose donations paid for the calendar mod. <3
    Top Bottom