• Please note that you cannot register on our forum using any Microsoft-owned email address (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, etc) as they don't like us very much and bounce mails straight back to us.

ESO video thread

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:1)

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
I know the old view about the eye not being able to see above 30FPS isn't as cut and dried as people make it out to be, but when I had 120 FPS on my 144Hz monitors I can't honestly say I noticed any difference, aside from the much higher temp of my graphics card. I've gone back to ~40FPS and cooler temps.

Give me a shout when higher FPS (or lower ping, etc) makes AD abandon the holy bridge of Alessia and actually attack / defend things that give points. :p

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Best answers
Age, Genetics and how good your eyes are in general have huge impact on how you perceive anything IRL or on a screen.

What is an indisputable fact, is that anything above 60 FPS makes the image, movement and input smoother.

People who see no benefit above 30 FPS should most likely seek medical assistance.

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
I can barely see something the size of a planet (for example, an actual planet) at 10 paces. Medical science needs a few hundred years before it can help me. :p

Still, there's an upper limit to what the eye can detect, and while I'm making no claims on what that number is (I don't have any of those fancy new-fangled "qualifications"), I've seen no evidence that you can detect 120FPS when you're looking straight at it. I know peripheral vision can benefit from higher numbers and will presumable help with the smoothness.

I guess what I'm doing here is mocking gamers and their collective dumb obssession with things they know nothing about - "T3h higher numberz makes me better". A perfect example would be lag: taking the blame for the fact that you suck since 5,000 BCE.* :smile:

* Also the fact that most of those gamers don't know lag from ping. :p

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Is there a write-up of these videos that anyone can link to?

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Best answers
Write-up? As in a written article with the changes and new content?

Doubt it, the ESO community like most communities live on Youtube.

There could be one on reddit maybe? But I don't go there, zero meaningful debate.

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
No problem. I appreciate you posting the vids (and the effort the lady put into making them) but, like many people, my brain prefers bullet points instead of video.

I'll poke around the ESO forum when I'm next there and see if I can start piecing things together.

General
Help Users
Notice: The status channel is only for admin notices, notifications from various forum features, etc. Please post in another channel.
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Rootimus @ Rootimus: Zombie Driver HD free on Steam until later today.
    Top Bottom