Ability Discussion

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Putting this here because it is most relevant to Trials, but please put any casual discussion about abilities in here.
I'm mostly curious about what abilities people usually use for Trials, so feel free to post your ability sets if you want to.

Templar Tank Trial ability set:

Set 1:
Pierce Armour
Power of the Light
Inner Beast
Ritual of Retribution
Repentance
Ult: Reviving Barrier

Set 2:
Same
Ult: War Horn - Unmorphed as far as I can remember

Templar DD Trial ability set:

Set 1:
Biting Jabs
Power of the Light
Blood Craze
Shrouded Daggers
Repetance
Ult: Solar Prison

Set 2:
Pierce Armour
Power of the Light
Inner Beast
Ritual of Retribution
Repentance
Ult: War Horn or Barrier

innumerable situational variants.

Green Talon

Prince of Madness
ESO Officer
Magicka Nightblabe DD (my default setup for vet dungeons and trials)

Gear: 5p Julianos + 4p Infallible Aether + 2p Grothdarr/Illambris
Front Bar: Inferno Staff
1. Impale (class execute)
2. Merciless Resolve (bread and butter buff of mNB)
3. Swallow Soul (class spammable)
4. Siphoning Attacks / Crushing Shock (flex spot for utility skills)
5. Inner Light
Ultimate: Shooting Star / Elemental Rage

Back Bar: Lightning Staff
1. Elemental Blockade
2. Twisting Path
3. Crippling Grasp
4. Sap Essence / Dark Shades / Efficient Purge / Harness Magicka (flex spot for buff skills)
5. Inner Light
Ultimate: Soul Harvest (signature NB ultimate)

@essi2 it would be good if everyone of us posts skills and gear, we use in trials here, for the sake of discussion and a kind of database to have information readily available for optimization. What do you think.

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
@GreenTalon

We could make a gear discussion thread as well. Discussing both in the same thread might get messy :happy:

As for using these threads as referance material, I'm all for it. But we'll have to make new posts everytime there is a change, Another reason for keeping Gear and Abilities in seperate threads.

Last edited:

Green Talon

Prince of Madness
ESO Officer
@GreenTalon

We could make a gear discussion thread as well. Discussing both in the same thread might get messy :happy:

As for using these threads as referance material, I'm all for it. But we'll have to make new posts every time there is a change, Another reason for keeping Gear and Abilities in seperate threads.
Agreed, it would get very messy indeed, have to think of a proper spread sheet option then, I will try to work it out. Soon :happy:

essi2

Eye of the Xrixi
ESO Officer
Agreed, it would get very messy indeed, have to think of a proper spread sheet option then, I will try to work it out. Soon :happy:
For a up to date overview that you, Xrixi and Sisu can use when setting up vTrials, a sharable spreadsheet(say Google f.ex.) would be better, but collecting data for such a thing would be made easier if people put their setups in these threads and kept them updated.

Leufeia

Sheogorath's Lackey
It is good idea, but because we are not hard core trial guild, we really can't demand everyone to do it XD If someone want to, cool but I'm way too lazy post my skills (that I chains for bosses to set up from mob fights). (And just to be clear, cause I usually am not, I don't claim that you are demanding anyone just pointing it out :happy: )

SisU

Sheogorath's Lackey
Stamblade different combos I tend to use.
Dressing room180130.PNG
Vigor can usually be thrown in any of those combos.

General
Help Users
Notice: The status channel is only for admin notices, notifications from various forum features, etc. Please post in another channel.
  • essi2 essi2
    Healthcare worker in training.. don't get sick or old in Norway.. you are warned
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Did I miss a memo, or something?
  • Kraynic @ Kraynic:
    The algorithms know better than to pay attention to your silly quotation marks. :devil:
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    LOL, foiled again!
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    If you apply a three-colour dye stamp, can you subsequently change just one of the colours (assuming you have ESO+)?
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    Surviving Mars is on sale until May 20th
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    On steam?
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is free to play on steam this weekend.
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    Steam yes. Haven't checked GoG and Plaza
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Oooh, just found it on steam and it's also free to play for the next 2 days. Absolutely, positively, definitely going to try and find the time to give it a try. :p
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    Time to Necro up!
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Download faster, little downloading thingy!
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    +1
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    If that link does what it says on the tin, all I can say is: Praise Sheogorath!
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Talking of addons, I had all my libraries in a seperate section at the bottom of the addon screen, but now they're back to being mixed in with the addons. Anyone know how I broke this?
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Dang, almost 2 hours to patch. Was the last big expansion this bad?
  • Xrixi @ Xrixi:
    was rather fast for me. 10 min tops
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Obviously the Dutch traded their weed-loaded brownies for faster download speeds. :p
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    @Rootimus That happens when the addon sorting addon is out of date and Allow Outdated is off
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    Something is not right, loads of the new libs register as addons in the Addon selector addon
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Yup :sad:
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    I blame Gnatz.
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    It is possible the Author of the Addon Selector needs to manually add the libs to a list of what addons the addon defines as libs
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    That sounds reasonable.
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    "Hey all, we can confirm there is a combination of DLC ownership and ESO+ that is causing some of you to not receive surveys. We're working on getting this fixed as quickly as we can. Thank you for all the information! "
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    No surveys? Finally a useful bug!
    Rootimus @ Rootimus: No surveys? Finally a useful bug!
    Top Bottom