• Please note that you cannot register on our forum using any Microsoft-owned email address (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, etc) as they don't like us very much and bounce mails straight back to us.

10 Terrabytes!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
Western Digital is releasing this, Seagate are trying to follow suit. Anyone else feel old, having used 286s with a whopping 20MB hard drive back in the day?

KewaG

Sheogorath's Lackey
Best answers
That's too much memory in one place. I can see it already, 10TB worth of games, videos, pictures, songs and then BAM HDD crash.

Sounds great for archiving and it's awesome that they can cram that much memory into one device but I'd rather have 10 1TB HDDS, which I could easily fit into my rig but I could only fill about half of that with the amount of pc games I currently own.

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
That's too much memory in one place. I can see it already, 10TB worth of games, videos, pictures, songs and then BAM HDD crash.

Sounds great for archiving and it's awesome that they can cram that much memory into one device but I'd rather have 10 1TB HDDS, which I could easily fit into my rig but I could only fill about half of that with the amount of pc games I currently own.
An extremely valid point. Personally, I'm waiting for 2TB SSDs to come down to a sensible price.

KewaG

Sheogorath's Lackey
Best answers
Totally! The SSD market is becoming more reasonable but I wish prices would go down just a bit faster. I either want them to come down in price or to win the lottery so price no longer matters...on second thought, I just want to win the lottery. :p

Rootimus

Janitor
Admin
Donor
Founding Member
ESO Officer
Best answers
SSD prices are predicted to drop to 17 cents per gigabyte in 2017. Those of us in England will continue to get shafted with significantly higher prices, but even so, that should still see a 2TB drive come down to around $450 (converting from £) for me.

General
Help Users
Notice: The status channel is only for admin notices, notifications from various forum features, etc. Please post in another channel.
  • essi2 @ essi2:
    lol
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Off-world Trading Company is free on Epic games
  • Rootimus @ Rootimus:
    Goat of Duty - free on Steam until the end of the month
    Rootimus @ Rootimus: Goat of Duty - free on Steam until the end of the month
    Top Bottom